Cadette Troop 10244 from Walls/Lake Cormorant, MS enjoy splitting burger and fries
Girl Scout Cadette (grades 6-8)
As a Girl Scout Cadette, you can find true friendships, gain confidence and get ready to lead! Organize a basketball league for girls in your community, help plan a badge workshop for younger Girl Scouts or volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. Try a destinations or getaway to California and visit a marine mammal center. Soak up the atmosphere at a majestic national park as you wander through the woods at Yosemite. Strap on your backpack and explore the Grand Canyon or hike the Appalachian Trail. It's up to you!
Self-esteem and confidence continue to blossom as a girl becomes a Girl Scout Cadette! Focus grows toward maintaining healthy lifestyles, taking a stand on issues within the community and learning how to resolve conflict and set goals. However, a Girl Scout Cadette still has the opportunity to mix and match activities that support her passions and earn her badges!
Cadettes have more control of what they do as Girl Scouts and are
encouraged to pursue individual and group goals. Girls at this level are
making the transition from younger to teen Girl Scouting.
Cadettes make nearly all decisions about their program, guided by the National Program Portfolio
and Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Meetings vary a great deal,
depending on individual and group projects, which are more complex than
younger levels of Girl Scouts. The meetings vary a great deal, depending
on individual and group projects, which are more complex than younger
levels of Girl Scouts. The meetings will involve learning about a topic
or a concept, and then taking steps to improve the world through
education or service.
As a Girl Scout Cadette, you can:
- Develop a sense of identity
- Use your leadership skills to earn the Girl Scout Silver Award, the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn
- Pick activities that suits your needs – whether it is outdoors and sports or dance and music
- Participate in Girl Scout council-sponsored activities either with your troop or individually including the cookie program and fall product program
- Participate in destinations and travel across the country or around the world