It's Your World—Change It!
Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden
In this journey for kindergarteners and first-graders, a
favorite pastime—gardening—meets the Girl Scout Law. The result is a
storybook world of flowers and little girls who, together, do great
things. Girl Scout Daisies will especially enjoy meeting the colorful,
global characters who teach them to live the Girl Scout Law. The adult
"how-to" guide offers Garden Story Time tips, key ideas for garden
projects, and all the Girl Scout history and traditions needed for an
adventure starring Amazing Daisy, a new flower friend for Girl Scout
Like all Girl Scout journeys, ''Welcome to the Daisy
Flower Garden'' focuses on the leadership philosophy of girls
discovering (themselves and their values), connecting (caring and
teaming), and taking action (to improve their communities and the
world). For Girl Scout Daisies, the best way to experience this
leadership philosophy is by practicing the Girl Scout Law. So the
journey's three awards, which tie directly to the garden theme,
recognize girls' progress in applying the Law to their lives. Why not
start out your year by giving the girls the background "Garden Patch"
to display their three Girl Scout Daisy awards?
- The Watering Can Award
represents girls being ''responsible for what I say and do.'' Girls
earn the award by caring for their mini-garden and beginning to
understand how the Promise and Law play out in their daily lives.
- The Golden Honey Bee Award represents taking
action through a gardening effort for others to make the world a better
place. The award is named for Honey, the bee who is one of the Daisy
Flower Garden characters.
- The Amazing Daisy Award represents knowing—and living—the Promise and Law, just like Amazing Daisy, the main character of the journey.
It's Your Planet—Love It!
Between Earth and Sky
- Girl Scout Daisies join their flower friends for a cross-country road trip in their special flower-powered car!
- As they travel the country living the values of the Girl Scout
Law, the flowers explore the natural world around them, learning what's
local and why that's important.
- Along the way, the flower friends (and the girls!) sample the sights, and the wisdom of women working to protect Planet Earth.
- Daisies earn their Blue Bucket, Firefly, and Clover (uses
resources wisely!) awards as they experience what's great about their
own region and learn to use their own special skills to help people and
This journey presents Daisies the opportunity to earn three awards.
Girls consider their feelings and skills and then take into account
the feelings and skills of those around them. The girls then move on to
engage their larger community and then they move out into their
community to "do."
Although there's no set way to present it, you might spark the excitement of this award series by presenting the Between Earth and Sky background patch to all the Daisies at their first session. Or choose a way that works for the group.
The Blue Bucket Award
- Girls tell one another about their feelings and the feelings of those around them.
- Girls take part in role-playing activities that encourage them to resolve conflicts, negotiate, and be considerate to others.
The Firefly Award
- Think about and talk about their own skills and those of their sister Daisies.
- Choose a skill that they can teach others, either at home or in their community.
- Steps to the award are built into the suggested activities in the Sample Sessions.
The Clover Award
- Learn about and commit to protecting a natural treasure in their region.
- Educate and inspire others in their community to join with them to protect the local treasure, too.
It's Your Story - Tell It!
5 Flowers, 4 Stories, 3 Cheers for Animals!
Daisies learn just how much they can care for animals and for themselves—and just how good that makes them feel.
Daisy Turtle Shell Game
- Birdbath Award - Daisies learn to care for animals and for themselves
- Red Robin Award - Daisies use their new knowledge and creativity to teach others how to care for animals
- Tula Award - Daisies gain courage and confidence in teaching others about animal care
I Daisy Elephant Mask Kit
I Daisy Panda Mask Kit
I Daisy Rooster Mask Kit